Think of the Black Wall Street of yesterday where our people had everything they needed and everything they were interested in at their fingertips. A place where we can build up and support our people in many different ways. UALE.COM connects the businesses, the interests, the culture that is all us…by us. These are the perfect times! The time is NOW!
Options Strategies Virtual Workshop
January 31 @ 7:00 pm - February 3 @ 8:30 pm EST
We welcome you to join one or all of the sessions. If you are new to options or just want a stronger option knowledge foundation, be sure to attend part one.
- Understand options terminology and discover the options Greeks
- Explore covered calls and cash-secured puts
- Considerations for short vertical spreads and ideas on choosing time frames and strike prices
- Create your own rules for designing a trading strategy that meets your needs
Part 1 of 4: Options Basics + Greeks
Monday, January 31st | 7:00 – 8:30 PM
In part one of this four-part series, you’ll learn the basics surrounding call and put options and how they can be used. You’ll also learn how options are priced and what influences the value of an options contract so you can better understand how to choose the appropriate option strategy for your individual trading goals.
- Learn the differences in buying and selling call and put options.
- Understand the rights and obligations associated with long and short options positions.
- Learn and understand options terminology.
- Learn how options prices move through options Greeks.
Learning Outcome: Build a solid understanding of options so you can to start to practice different strategies.
Part 2 of 4: Covered Calls
Tuesday, February 1st | 7:00 – 8:30 PM
In part two of this four-part series, you’ll learn about the covered call strategy and how it can be used to generate income in a portfolio (while limiting the upside potential of the underlying stock position). You’ll also discover the importance of managing risk.
- Learn how to recognize different types of trends.
- Discover how covered calls can be used to help limit some down-side risk on a stock position (downside protection is limited to the amount of premium received)
- Identify the pros and cons of selling covered calls closer to expiration versus further away from expiration and why an investor might consider both.
- Learn about probabilities and how the covered call position gains or loses value.
Learning Outcome: Benefit from learning about the pros and cons of the covered call strategy
Part 3 of 4: Cash – Secured Puts
Wednesday, February 2nd| 7:00 – 8:30 PM
Ever wondered if there was a way to potentially buy a stock at a price that’s lower than the current price? In part three of this four-part series, you’ll learn about how the cash-secured put strategy can be used as a way to potentially buy a stock at a desired price or as a way to potentially generate income. In this strategy the short put is “secured” by cash or available funds in the account You’ll also discover how to calculate the upside potential as well as how to manage the risk of cash-secured puts.
- Learn how selling a cash-secured put obligates you to buy shares of stock for a specific price for a set amount of time.
- Identify what to technically look for when setting up a cash-secured put trade.
- Understand how the cash-secured put could benefit or lose through direction, time decay, and volatility.
- Discuss how cash-secured puts might be used as an income strategy.
Learning Outcome: Learn how the cash-secured put strategy can be used to build a stock position or generate income.
Part 4 of 4: Short Verticals
Thursday, February 3rd| 7:00 – 8:30 PM
Do you like the idea of selling options but not the risk associated with selling them uncovered? In the last part of this series, you’ll learn how to define your risk and analyze the probabilities of a profitable trade using short vertical spread strategies. You’ll also learn how this strategy can be used to generate income in a portfolio.
- Learn about short put vertical and short call vertical spreads and ways to define your risk.
- Understand key differences of why an investor might use a short vertical over a short option strategy alone.
- Identify probabilities of the trade expiring in the money or out of the money.
- Understand the option Greeks in relation to the short vertical strategies.
Learning Outcome: Learn what short verticals are and how they can be used.