Think of the Black Wall Street of yesterday where our people had everything they needed and everything they were interested in at their fingertips. A place where we can build up and support our people in many different ways. UALE.COM connects the businesses, the interests, the culture that is all us…by us. These are the perfect times! The time is NOW!
Technical Analysis Virtual Workshop
January 24 @ 7:00 pm - January 27 @ 8:30 pm EST
We welcome you to join one or all of the sessions. If you are new to technical charting or looking to refine your technical analysis knowledge, be sure to attend part one.
- Build a foundation of technical analysis with support, resistance and trends
- Gain an understanding of candlestick charts and patterns for entries and exits
- Become familiar with price patterns to help potentially manage risk
- Learn to identify flag patterns for both bullish and bearish opportunities
Part 1 of 4: Support, Resistance and Trends
Monday, January 24th | 7:00 – 8:30 PM
In part one of this four-part series you’ll start an introduction into technical analysis as we discuss how supply and demand creates price-action, how price-action uncovers trends, and how you can identify and use trends to inform entry and exit decisions for potential entries and exits. We will be using the paperMoney® stock market simulator on the thinkorswim® trading platform to aid in your learning.
- Explore thinkorswim charting basics and examples
- Understand how to recognize supply and demand on a price chart
- Learn to identify a trend
- Understand different order types and how to execute them
Learning Outcome: After this session you will have a basic working knowledge of the thinkorswim charting tools and an understanding of basic technical analysis concepts to prepare for more intermediate and advanced charting techniques.
Part 2 of 4 : Candlesticks and Studies
Tuesday, January 25th | 7:00 – 8:30 PM
In part two of this four-part series, we’ll dive into candlestick charts, candlestick patterns and then move onto an introduction to studies
- Learn what candlestick patterns are and how they can be used
- Identify and recognize candlestick patterns in charting examples
- Learn how charting studies can assist in developing a more confident approach to the market
- Understand studies – powerful tools you can use to enhance your trading
Learning Outcome: After this session, you’ll have a solid understanding of candlestick charts, candlestick patterns and how these tools can help with decision making for both entries and exits.
Part 3 of 4: Price Patterns and Risk Management
Wednesday, January 26th| 7:00 – 8:30 PM
In part three of this four-part series, we introduce and demonstrate the use of target-forecasting, explain and demonstrate entries and exits, and move further into the world of technical analysis studies.
- Identify Price Patterns and how they are used
- Learn how to analyze the potential price move of a stock with target forecasting
- Use the technical indicators to help identify position sizing aiding in risk management
- Learn how to apply charting studies on charts using thinkorswim
Learning Outcome: After this session you will have learned more about identifying price patterns and target forecasting, all practicing paper trades in paperMoney.
Part 4 of 4: Flag Patterns and Conditional Orders
Thursday, January 27th | 7:00 – 8:30 PM
In the final session of this four-part series, we tie it all together with two popular technical analysis patterns: Bull Flags and Bear Flags.
- Understand how bull and bear flags can help you identify possible entries and exits
- Put price patterns to use in your analysis
- Use conditional orders as a possible way to set up your entry and exit for trading stocks in your portfolio
- Test drive practical application exercises using paperMoney
Learning Outcome: Identify bull and bear flag patterns when charting stocks to help identify potential entries and exits. Use the concepts we have developed in order to build a foundation for more confident investing in today’s markets.